Thank you Tara Finnegan for nominating me for this award! I am answering the questions that Tara provided for me. If you want to learn more about Tara please click here.
What does one do when nominated for the Liebster Award?
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So here are my answers to Tara's 11 questions:
1.How often do you blog and why did you start?
I blog about 3-4 times a week. Depending on the week. I started because I wanted people to be able to find me on the internet and to have a place to promote my books. But it turns out I just really enjoy blogging, it's like a diary that other people are reading.
2. Are there any blogs you follow regularly outside of your preferred writing genre? If so, what makes them appeal to you?
All of the blogs I read are authors mostly. In spanking fiction or just plain romance. Most of them are humorous, because I like to laugh.
3. What was the first full book you ever wrote?
Catch a Falling Star is the first book I wrote. I did write a full screenplay in college for a screenwriting class I took. It kind of sucks, but I am still pretty proud of it.
4. What prompted you to start writing?
I was bored! I was reading a lot and getting bored of what I was reading and getting frustrated when stories weren't taking the path I wanted them to.
5. Is there any one book that you’ve read over and over? If so what was it?
I am not much of a re-reader. Sometimes I will re-read certain parts of books. But I can't really think of any that I have read multiple times start to finish.
6. Aside from writing, what is your favourite pastime?
When I am not writing, I am reading. Also roller skating. I'm on a roller derby team and I just like to skate when it's nice outside. It clears my head.
7. What is your proudest achievement, either in writing or in life?
Wow, that is a hard one. It makes me think I haven't achieved much. There are actually quite a few things I am proud of. I was scared shitless to do most of them. I never thought I would actually write a book and put it out there for the world to judge. But I have a few times now.
Most of the things I am proudest of I was the most afraid to do. So I guess I am just proud that I push myself and make myself do things that seem scary- but really aren't.
8. What do you most want to achieve in life? Have you already achieved it or are you actively working on it?
I really just want to be happy. I think I have achieved this in a lot of aspects of my life, but I would like to feel like I am doing something. Like fulfilling my life's purpose. I guess that's it, I would like to feel like I have a purpose and that I am actively doing something good for other people.
9. If you had the opportunity to meet one person you really admire, who would it be, and what would you want to ask them?
Another tough one. I guess I technically already met this person. My mom's grandmother, she died when I was a baby. But I would like to have a conversation with her. She came to this country as an immigrant, started a new life, and lived into her 90's. I can bitch and complain all I want that sometimes life is hard, but I'm sure she endured a bunch of stuff I cannot even fathom.
10. What makes you happiest?
This is going to sound lame, but my happiest days are when I have no plans and I can just spend hours doing nothing with my husband. He's the best to do nothing with.
11. If you could pick anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I really want to go to Europe. We are already saving and planning, so hopefully this will be less of a wish and more of a plan :)
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. My first car was a powder blue, '85 Dodge Aries. I got in three fender benders with it and it never even dented. I'm pretty sure it was a tank.
2. I have a lucky pair of socks and I will wear them on the days I am feeling particularly low.
3. I have three cats- and I talk to them like they're people.
4. I blow dry and straighten my hair every morning, otherwise I look like I stuck my finger in an electrical outlet.
5. I used to hate guacamole, until I accidentally ate some. Now I am an avocado junkie.
6. I will turn down my radio at stop lights so no one can hear my horrible taste in music.
7. I have one tattoo and I am currently planning my next one.
8. I am embarrassingly bad at math.
9. My husband and I had a bartender officiate our wedding.
10. My mother still does not know about number 9.
11. I have killed two bamboo plants in my kitchen. Apparently they are low maintenance. I would say not low maintenance enough.
I am nominating Stevie MacFarlane, Rollin Hand, and Aubrey Cara. I know it says 5-11 bloggers, who knows this many bloggers? Seriously, I would like to know!
Here are the 11 questions they should answer:
1. Why did you start blogging and what do you like about it?
2. What was the best vacation you ever went on?
3. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
4. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
5. What book have you read that impacted your life the most?
6. You have an unexpected 30 minutes of free time- what are you doing?
7. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
8. You are stuck on a desert island, but have unlimited access to one meal. What is that meal?
9. If you could time travel to any period in time, when would it be?
10. If you had unlimited time and unlimited funds what would you like to learn to do?
11. What is your happiest memory?
Don't forget to list 11 random facts about yourself!